CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My first Coupon Adventure!!!

I so wish I had my computer set up to upload pictures!! As soon as I can I will post a picture of the loot I got tonight at Walgreens!! I had Corey watch the kids tonight so I could run to Walgreens and scoop up the good deals. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!


First, for the newbies, you'll have to excuse my coupon clipping jargon....I just started taking Coupon 101 and it's a whole new language in itself, so pardon me if I use a term you haven't learned yet~ Since Walgreens is new to all of us, I'll start by explaining their Register Rewards program.....every week Walgreens comes out with new products which have Register Rewards if you buy them. Register Rewards is money that is returned to you in the form of a redemption coupon to use at a later purchase. Some only have a few bucks tacked on and some have the entire amount returned to you in Register Rewards. There is usually 3-4 products a week that you basically get for free with RR and many more that have huge discounts.


This being my first week to try this, I decided to just go ahead and get as many RR products as possible (well, that I needed) to see what kind of savings I could get. Ooh, Ooh, and I was also able to print off a 15% off your entire order coupon (Friends/Family Appreciation) from www.alaskacoupondiva.com, so that amounted to extra savings!! Here's my loot for today's shopping trip:

Colgate 360 Toothbrush Reg Price $2.99
15% off coupon $2.54
RR $3.00 (it says it is suppose to be $2.99 you get back, but they actually print you off a $3 coupon!)
Paid: FREE plus got back $.46 (overage)


Men's Zone 6 blade Razor Reg Price $3.99
15 % off coupon 3.39
RR $4.00
Paid: FREE plus got back $.61 (overage)


CareFree Pantiliners Reg Prices $1.99
15% off coupon 1.69
RR $2.00
Paid: FREE plus got back $.31 (overage)


Rembrant Toothpaste Reg Price $4.99
15% off coupon $4.25
RR $5.00
Paid: FREE plus got back $.75 (overage)


Breathe Right Nasal Strips Reg Price $5.99
15% off $5.09
RR $4.00
Paid: $1.09


(2) Kleenex Tissue w/ Lotion (100 count) Reg Price $1.99 each
In store coupon $1.69
15% off $1.44
Manufactured Coupon $.50 X 2
Paid: $.94 each $1.88 total


So my total amount spent tonight was............$.84!!! YeS EIGHTY FOUR CENTS!!! Are you freaking kidding me?? I should note that I actually paid $18.84 out of my pocket, but then received $18 worth of Register Rewards which have to be used by 9/14/09 (two weeks). So my plan is to go back and buy Corey's hunting snacks with the $18 tomorrow. This is an incredible deal if done right and actually I'm kicking myself that I didn't check for Manufacture coupons on these other products before I went!!! I could have received even more cash back!!


I'm officially addicted!! I love Walgreens and will now make this my Sunday ritual after the weekly ad comes out!! Then I plan on using my RR's to buy the Health/Beauty/Bath things I need for the week!! I've honestly never budgeted how much we spend each week in groceries, but now I want to know, so that this challenge will be that much more interesting!!


I'm off to Target tomorrow to double up my coupons and get a whole bunch of things at crazy prices!!! Until then....get your bum to Walgreens and get some deals, especially if you need a toothbrush, razor, toothpaste, or panty liners!!!

2 comments:

Together We Save said...

Congrats!! I love couponing!! It is a great way to save and get freebies!!

Erin said...

Hey Alisa! I am Staci's sister-in-law. I just found the Alaska Coupon Diva's website the other day so I was super excited when I saw a link to your post on Staci's page. You have convinced me to check out Walgreens! I too am a sucker for a good deal, but the whole coupon thing is a little intimidating for me. Walgreens seems like a good way to start!